Many people are dissatisfied with the shape of their nose. Thanks to the development of aesthetic operations day by day, people no longer need to see deformities in their noses as destiny. Nose aesthetics, also known as rhinoplasty; It is an operation to reshape the nose. Nose; Thanks to the operation in question, it is made much better both functionally and aesthetically.
Rhinoplasty; It is a very useful operation. First of all, it makes it possible for the patient to breathe much more comfortably. The problem of nasal congestion is eliminated. There are advantages such as being less sick, smelling much better, having a louder voice, and eliminating the snoring problem. In addition, the sleep quality of the person increases after rhinoplasty. It becomes possible to get up in the morning much more energetic.
What is Rhinoplasty?
People who have problems with the shape and function of the nose have the question of what is rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty; As we have mentioned before, it is an operation performed to change the shape of the nose. There are valid reasons for those who want to have this operation. Repairing deformities caused by injury, correcting birth defects, improving breathing difficulties, giving the nose a better physical appearance, facilitating breathing; are among the purposes of rhinoplasty.
To whom is rhinoplasty performed? It is one of the most searched phrases on Google. It is wondered whether anyone who is not satisfied with the shape of their nose is suitable for rhinoplasty. Anyone who is bothered by the appearance of the nose can undergo this operation if they are over a certain age. In addition, it is possible for those who have problems in nasal breathing to benefit from rhinoplasty. Who Can Have Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty; Although it is an operation that draws attention with its successful results, the expectations of some people may not come true. At this point, the patient should be pre-examined before surgery. In addition, it is essential for the patient to clearly express their expectations from the surgery. If the conditions that will prevent the operation are not detected, the person is allowed to undergo a rhinoplasty operation.
Rhinoplasty; It is a suitable operation for anyone over the age of 18. It can be said that especially adolescent patients do not reach the level of maturity required for rhinoplasty. In addition, it will not be a correct operation for young people in developmental age. The noses of elderly patients may not be suitable for this operation. Finally, it is stated that people with noses that are too long or too short, with thin or thick skin, broken or previously undergone rhinoplasty are also not suitable.
How Is Rhinoplasty Performed?
Those who complain about deformities in their nose and breathing difficulties have the question of how to do rhinoplasty.
- • First of all, we must say that the operation in question was carried out with both open and closed technique.
- • In open rhinoplasty, a small incision is made between the nostrils of the person and the process is started.
- • The incision is also opened in closed rhinoplasty. However, it is ensured that the opened incision remains inside the nostrils. It eliminates small-sized anatomy disorders.
- • Rhinoplasty; Apart from surgical processes, it can also be performed without surgery. Dermal filling is applied to the nose area. This procedure is called liquid rhinoplasty. It is the best option for problems such as wrinkled appearance on the nose, low nasal tip and nasal congestion.
- • General anesthesia is preferred during the operation. However, local anesthesia is needed, especially in interventions on the tip of the nose.
Types of Rhinoplasty
When it comes to rhinoplasty types, everyone naturally thinks of open and closed techniques.
- • Closed surgery; It has been preferred for many years. The operation is started with incisions made from the inside of the nose under both nose wings. With these incisions, it is aimed to lift the skin and reach the bone and cartilage skeleton of the nose. closed surgery; stands out for its advantages. First of all, edema around the nose; It heals in a shorter time compared to open surgery. In other words, the nose; sits earlier. We should also add that the operation time is shorter compared to open surgery.
- • Open surgery; It can be summarized as lifting the skin with a small incision of half a cm made from the lower end of the nose. In this way, the bone and cartilage skeleton is fully revealed. With this method, the area to be corrected is reached in a short time. In addition, any desired surgical technique can be successfully performed. However, it is a serious advantage that the edema that occurs after the procedure heals in a longer time compared to closed nose surgery. Finally, it should be mentioned that the incision scar disappears within an average of six months.
It is wondered which technique should be preferred during rhinoplasty surgery. At this point, it should be said that both open and closed surgery have some advantages and disadvantages. The doctor who will perform the operation; decide on the method to be used. In addition, rhinoplasty surgery; should be carried out in a full-fledged hospital.
After Rhinoplasty Surgery
- • After rhinoplasty; The patient returns to his normal life within a week.
- • Activities that require effort should be avoided.
- • Lifting weights should be avoided.
- • The nose area should be protected. Care should be taken against possible impacts to this area.
- • Shower can be taken 48 hours after the operation.
- • When cleaning the nose, the spray given after the procedure should be used.
- • The bruises around the eyes and swelling on the face will go away after a while.
- • Those who want to use glasses are recommended to wait at least three months.
Rhinoplasty Surgery Prices
Rhinoplasty prices are one of the most curious issues. Prices; It differs according to the surgeon and the method to be used. In addition, institutions approved by the Ministry of Health are prohibited from providing price information on the Internet.